Laparoscopic Surgery for the Women of Jacksonville
Women’s Physicians of Jacksonville specializes in Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery for women of all ages. Utilizing state-of-the-art minimally invasive technology, our physicians and surgical support staff provide the highest level of surgery procedures coupled with patient caring, respect, and dignity.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Less post-operative discomfort since the incisions are much smaller
- Faster recovery times
- Shorter hospital stays
- Earlier return to full activities
- Smaller scars compared to standard open surgery
- Less internal scarring compared to standard open surgery
We Perform Minimally Invasive Surgeries for:
- Laparoscopic removal of Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic removal of Ovarian Cysts
- Laparoscopic removal of Adhesions (scar tissue)
- Laparoscopic removal of Tube and Ovary
- Laparoscopic removal of Uterine Fibroids
- Laparoscopic removal of Uterus
- Laparoscopic removal of Uterus and Cervix
- Laparoscopic Tubal Sterilization
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
What is Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery also referred to as “minimally invasive surgery” describes the performance of surgical procedures with the assistance of a camera and microsurgical instruments. During the procedure, small incisions of up to half an inch are made and plastic tubes called ports are then placed through these incisions. The camera and the instruments are then introduced through these ports, allowing the surgeon access inside the patient’s body. The camera transmits a high definition image of the organs inside the abdomen onto a television monitor. The camera becomes the surgeon’s eyes during surgery, allowing them to perform the procedure.
Schedule Your Laparoscopic Surgery Consultation Today:
6879 Southpoint Drive North – Just off JTB – Call: 904 296-2441
Baptist South Hospital – Medical Office Building 2 – Call: 904-296-2441